Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new Orbit doesn't work
04-15-2014, 12:11 PM,
My new Orbit doesn't work
I followed all the steps in the instruction guide.

I use iOS 7 in an iPhone 5.

I charged the battery of the IR receiver and the Orbit.

I downloaded the app and set all the stuff needed.

The app sends the sound beeps, but the IR receiver doesn't seem to work.

The Orbit shows blue LED lighting up, not sure what's wrong.

Thanks.
04-15-2014, 07:53 PM,
RE: My new Orbit doesn't work
(04-15-2014, 12:11 PM)designium Wrote: I followed all the steps in the instruction guide.

Thanks.

Many thanks for writing in and using our support forums! It really makes our job simpler when we can answer common questions publicly.

Since you have confirmed the IR transmitter has been charged (using the same USB charging cable as is used for the Orbit helicopter) and we are assuming that when it is plugged into your iPhone the volume is turned up to max (the volume has to be turned up after the transmitter is plugged in, not before), the problem is that the blue LED on the transmitter itself should light when it is broadcasting a flight signal.

Of course it goes without say that the transmitter actually needs to be plugged into the headphone jack and that you shouldn't therefore hear the sounds audibly during normal use!

In any case with all of these checked of if the blue LED is not lighting up it is possible that the transmitter is faulty, in which case we typically seek to arrange for a replacement transmitter to be sent to our customers. In such instances the next step is in fact to contact us directly (which I believe you have also done).

Cheers

Steve Castellotti
04-23-2014, 02:19 PM,
RE: My new Orbit doesn't work
Thanks, Steve. I really can't wait to use the Orbit.

(04-15-2014, 07:53 PM)admin Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 12:11 PM)designium Wrote: I followed all the steps in the instruction guide.

Thanks.

Many thanks for writing in and using our support forums! It really makes our job simpler when we can answer common questions publicly.

Since you have confirmed the IR transmitter has been charged (using the same USB charging cable as is used for the Orbit helicopter) and we are assuming that when it is plugged into your iPhone the volume is turned up to max (the volume has to be turned up after the transmitter is plugged in, not before), the problem is that the blue LED on the transmitter itself should light when it is broadcasting a flight signal.

Of course it goes without say that the transmitter actually needs to be plugged into the headphone jack and that you shouldn't therefore hear the sounds audibly during normal use!

In any case with all of these checked of if the blue LED is not lighting up it is possible that the transmitter is faulty, in which case we typically seek to arrange for a replacement transmitter to be sent to our customers. In such instances the next step is in fact to contact us directly (which I believe you have also done).

Cheers

Steve Castellotti