Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dongle
09-09-2013, 02:24 PM,
Dongle
My Puzzlebox dongle is paired, once worked, but does not produce a blue light or connect to the helicopter on either Android or iOS devices. Is there a way to fix this, or get a new dongle? BTW, we hope to demonstrate the helicopter at a kids science faire.

Thank you.
09-16-2013, 02:57 AM,
RE: Dongle
(09-09-2013, 02:24 PM)davebonini Wrote: My Puzzlebox dongle is paired, once worked, but does not produce a blue light or connect to the helicopter on either Android or iOS devices. Is there a way to fix this, or get a new dongle? BTW, we hope to demonstrate the helicopter at a kids science faire.

Thanks for writing Dave.

I believe we've already circled back offline, but for anyone else reading the thread please feel free to contact us any time regards similar requests.

In general we ask that a user:

1. Confirm that the IR transmitter has been fully charged using the included USB charge cable.

2. Attempt to test using another phone, on another OS if at all possible (so for an Android user to test on iOS or vice versa). This simply helps confirm a hardware fault.

Cheers
09-16-2013, 04:50 PM,
RE: Dongle
(09-16-2013, 02:57 AM)sc Wrote:
(09-09-2013, 02:24 PM)davebonini Wrote: My Puzzlebox dongle is paired, once worked, but does not produce a blue light or connect to the helicopter on either Android or iOS devices. Is there a way to fix this, or get a new dongle? BTW, we hope to demonstrate the helicopter at a kids science faire.

Thanks for writing Dave.

I believe we've already circled back offline, but for anyone else reading the thread please feel free to contact us any time regards similar requests.

1. Confirm that the IR transmitter has been fully charged using the included USB charge cable.

2. Attempt to test using another phone, on another OS if at all possible (so for an Android user to test on iOS or vice versa). This simply helps confirm a hardware fault.

Cheers

(09-16-2013, 04:50 PM)davebonini Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 02:57 AM)sc Wrote:

Thanks for writing Dave.

Cheers

Of course...my fault for not being more thorough...

The dongle is fully charged using the supplied cable. The problem was found on three devices: a Galaxy Note II under Android 4.1.2; a Galaxy Tab 10.1 under 4.1.2 and on an iPad (release level unknown).

Since writing, I did get an one-time (intermittent) connection with the blue dongle light illuminating for a few minutes on my NoteII, then things suddenly went and remain inoperable.

We are still looking forward to showing your kit at the science faire!

Dave