Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New orbit not hovering
01-15-2014, 05:21 AM,
RE: New orbit not hovering
I'm having the same problems except that mine won't go up. Unless I fling it at the ceiling, it drops to the ground immediately on takeoff, rather than hover, and speeds around the floor smashing into things. As it bounces off everything, trying to give it right/left instructions is near impossible as the position changes too quickly for myself or the program to respond (given there is up to 5 second lag).

The existing manual just tells you what the buttons do but as I have never flown anything before, the interplay between pitch, yaw and throttle mean nothing to me. I want to use the device as a teaching tool so taking long periods of time to learn flying simulation would be counterproductive - I would like the children to learn control easily and quickly so they can spend more time managing their attention spans.

It would be incredibly helpful to have a detailed video or manual on one successful test flight, for example the sequences of buttons for a successful hover, square the room and then land. Once they practice the basics, users would quickly figure out how to modify and expand on their knowledge.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone for control.

(12-27-2013, 08:49 AM)ejr Wrote: I just received my new orbit the other day and I'm having some problems with it. It does not hover in the manner I've seen on promotional videos. On the standard hover setting it shoots up into the ceiling and the knocks around for a bit before dropping down like a stone. By adjusting the throttle down below the point where it shoots up to the ceiling it shoos around on the floor in random directions crashing into things. There is nothing in between that represents controlled flight.

At the moment it seems like the helicopter is unusable. Currently no matter what flight settings are used it just smashes into things and I'm worried about damaging it. Can you suggest a fix for this or does it need to be replaced?

Messages In This Thread
New orbit not hovering - ejr - 12-27-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: New orbit not hovering - sc - 12-28-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: New orbit not hovering - taram - 01-15-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: New orbit not hovering - sc - 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: New orbit not hovering - taram - 02-07-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: New orbit not hovering - jvcphones123@yahoo.com - 11-25-2015, 08:16 AM