Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoy to install or ejecute puzzlebox?
03-31-2013, 02:36 PM,
Hoy to install or ejecute puzzlebox?
Hello,

I have download the puzzlebox_brainstorms-0.8.0-1.noarch.rpm file, but dont know how to make it works on ubuntu.

I already install alien to convert it un to .deb package but when i execute sudo alien .rpm file, alien give me this error:

Package build failed; could not run generated debian/rules file.

Then i have try to exec manually but dont have idea wich is the file to exect or install the package.

Can you give me some help?

Greetings
04-02-2013, 04:11 PM,
RE: Hoy to install or ejecute puzzlebox?
(03-31-2013, 02:36 PM)porcorreo Wrote: I have download the puzzlebox_brainstorms-0.8.0-1.noarch.rpm file, but dont know how to make it works on ubuntu.

I already install alien to convert it un to .deb package but when i execute sudo alien .rpm file, alien give me this error:

Package build failed; could not run generated debian/rules file.

Then i have try to exec manually but dont have idea wich is the file to exect or install the package.

Hello there and many thanks for writing.

We haven't produced a package for Ubuntu, so best bet is to run directly from source code and install any dependencies manually.

For example, here is a link to the last source code release:

http://brainstorms.puzzlebox.info/files/puzzlebox_brainstorms-0.8.0.tar.bz2

Extract the file using a command such as "tar xvjf puzzlebox_brainstorms-0.8.0.tar.bz2"

Change into the directory and try running:

"python brainstorms-local.py"

Most likely Python will complain about missing Python modules such as Simple JSON.

The process is roughly equivalent to running from source under Windows, directions for which are here:

http://brainstorms.puzzlebox.info/tracker/wiki/HowToRunFromSourceUnderWindows

You should be able to find most modules pre-packaged for Ubuntu, for anything else you can use easy_install for Python.

Please give the above a try and let us know if you continue to run into problems.
04-07-2013, 12:13 AM,
hi, i am using Ubuntu 11.10 and i've the MindWave.

the install supposedly is successful with the dependencies describing, but in the moment of run open brainstorms-local.py in the console, come this message:

Using PyQt4 module
ERROR: Exception importing PySide: No module named PySide
INFO: [Brainstorms:Interface] Using PyQt4 module
INFO: [Brainstorms:Interface_Design] Using PyQt4 module
INFO: [Brainstorms:Client] Using PyQt4 module
INFO: [Brainstorms:ThinkGear:Client] Using PyQt4 module
INFO: [Brainstorms:Helicopter_Control] Using PyQt4 module
INFO: [Brainstorms:Wheelchair_Control] Using PyQt4 module
INFO: [Brainstorms:Server] Using PyQt4 module
ERROR: Exception importing NXT_Control: No module named jaraco.nxt
<---- [Brainstorms Server] Initializing server on : ...

the aplication run but don't recognized the mindwave, in the diferent aplications (robotics, rc helicopter, electric wheelchair) recognized the dongle in /dev/ttyUSB0, but in the control panel if i put connect the message is:

Failed to connect to ThinkGear socket server Sad

thanks for your help
09-03-2013, 09:06 PM,
(04-07-2013, 12:13 AM)pablozqui Wrote: hi, i am using Ubuntu 11.10 and i've the MindWave.

the install supposedly is successful with the dependencies describing, but in the moment of run open brainstorms-local.py in the console, come this message:

<snip>

(04-07-2013, 12:13 AM)pablozqui Wrote: ERROR: Exception importing NXT_Control: No module named jaraco.nxt

This message is your problem.

You need to manually install the jaraco.nxt module for Python.

The instructions for doing this under Windows are in the Brainstorms development tracker.

Roughly summarized you will need to do something along the lines of:

easy_install --always-unzip jaraco.nxt

Note: You will also need to install the simplejson module using the equivalent command
09-09-2015, 02:24 AM,
or you can always install it under wine .