Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a Brain Control wheelchair
03-13-2013, 12:31 AM,
Building a Brain Control wheelchair
Hi,

I am really amazed by the puzzelbox and what did you do until now..
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I have two questions regarding the wheelchair and the robot..

1/ Wheelchair..
I am not an engineer but I really want to build the wheelchair.
- Dose some one out of your team built it ? if so, is there any way to contact with them ?
- I want the computer to take the whole control over the wheelchair, in other words, I want to build over puzzelbox and let the user choose a destination in a room - which the computer have the map for it - Do you think that it easy to build over the puzzelbox ?
- Dose your page in "instructable" have all the details that allow me - as a computer science student - to build the wheelchair my self ?
- Any recommendation for me I'll be glad ..

2-Robot
As a beginning, I want to start my idea over the robot - because of the high cost of a wheelchair I want to make sure that my idea is successful before buy it- and I saw the puzzelbox new release for the iRobot but I didn't find any details about linking it to the EPOC headset or to the computer.
- Does the robot have a direct connection to the EPOC and because of this you didn't post any instructions ?

Many thanks,
Wafa
09-03-2013, 09:12 PM,
RE: Building a Brain Control wheelchair
(03-13-2013, 12:31 AM)wafa Wrote: I have two questions regarding the wheelchair and the robot..

Many thanks for writing, wafa. And thanks for your interest!

I think you'll find many of the answers to your questions in the step-by-step document we posted to Instructables.com for the Brain-Controlled Wheelchair project.

(03-13-2013, 12:31 AM)wafa Wrote: I saw the puzzelbox new release for the iRobot but I didn't find any details about linking it to the EPOC headset or to the computer.

We used Emokey to link the two pieces of software together, they same mechanism described in the Wheelchair document above.

Please let us know if you have more questions after reading!
10-23-2015, 11:40 PM,
RE: Building a Brain Control wheelchair
hello im new here, i want to thank you guys for showing and helping others to grow.
i loved the wheelchair project! i dont know if you guys can answer this or not, im also trying to build wheelchair controlled by emotivs new insight. i do have arduinos, i do have wheelchairs, i also have dimensionengineering.com 2x60 motor controller. it usually makes it easy to control stuff like wheelchairs with a servo plug with out arduinos. do you recommend this or steer me in the right direction? the original controllers arent like the one from the instructable so thats kinda where im stuck.
thank you