How To Use Puzzlebox Brainstorms Software
Puzzlebox Brainstorms software is undergoing rapid development, including more convenient packaging and reduce hardware and software requirements. This document will be updated periodically to reflect advances in development and packaging.
The current version of Puzzlebox Brainstorms software allows a user of a Windows or Linux PC to connect to and control a basic LEGO Mindstorms NXT robot over Bluetooth. This control can be via mouse, keyboard, or an EEG headset such as the NeuroSky MindSet or Emotiv EPOC to steer and drive the robot in various directions. Optionally, a mobile handset such as the Nokia n900 can be placed on the robot in order to provide the user a live video stream from the robot's perspective for remote tele-operation, and/or control the robot using a wireless or mobile data link connect (thereby extending beyond the limits of a Bluetooth connection).
Future targets for development are described on the project Roadmap.
- LEGO Mindstorms NXT basic kit http://mindstorms.lego.com
- NeuroSky MindSet EEG headset http://www.neurosky.com
- Emotiv EPOC EEG headset http://www.emotiv.com
- Microsoft Windows or Linux PC
- Nokia n900 mobile handset running Maemo 5 Linux http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/
Installing and Running Software
- For connecting to the LEGO Mindstorms Robot, see ConnectingToLEGOMindstorms
- For Windows PCs, see HowToInstallForWindows
- For Nokia n900 mobiles, see HowToInstallForNokiaN900
Control Via EEG Headset
- For NeuroSky MindSet, see NeuroSkyMindSetEEGControl
- For Emotiv EPOC, see EmotivEEGControl